Terms and Conditions:
- Applicant must be 21 years of age or over. Parents/Parent living with the applicant or guardian can apply on behalf of applicant under 21 years of age.
- Successful applicant must undertake to provide a suitable home for the animal and proper care and attention to the animal. The Hong Kong Housing Authority and Hong Kong Housing Society prohibit the keeping of animals inside their housing estates with the exceptional circumstance of keeping cats in rented public housing estate. Application from residents of these housing estates will not be entertained (except in cases where cats are allowed to be kept as pet).
- Residents of private premises or village houses must produce document (such as electricity bill, water fee bill, monthly bank statement, etc, mobile telephone bill is not acceptable) on their 2nd visit to prove that keeping pet is permitted at their residence. The applicant may be required to provide written confirmation from their building's management for this purpose. Applicant living in rented property is required to provide tenancy agreement and landlord’s consent for keeping pets in the property. Cat adopters must install safety window screen approved by SAA to ensure the adopted cat will not fall down from the window.
- Eligible applicant is required to visit the chosen pet at least 4 times, the purpose of which is to build up a trusting relationship between the applicant the chosen animal and to provide a buffer period for the applicant to carefully consider his/her ability to provide a proper and permanent home and proper care and attention to the animal. All of the family member living in the same household of the applicant must visit the chosen pet once to ensure there is no adverse allergic reaction to the pet and the whole family share the same view on adoption. This strict requirement is necessary to minimize the risk of the animals being abandoned again. If there is more than 1 applicant interested in the same animal, SAA will choose the best candidate as the welfare of the animal is first and paramount.
- If a dog is chosen for adoption, the applicant must complete 2 dog handling classes with our Animal Behaviour Evaluator.
- After the completion of all the required visits, SAA will conduct a home visit to assess the suitability of the home environment.
ATL exemption number：ORG-00007
SUCCESSFULLY ADDED TO CART
in your Shopping Cart